Join the Square Peg Team
Square Peg is a global venture capital firm whose mission is to back the most outstanding entrepreneurs solving important problems. When done well, we know that this helps to create world-changing and industry-defining businesses such as Prospa, Fiverr and PropertyGuru whom – along with thirty other ambitious companies – we are proud to partner with.
As a team, we have built, financed and worked in startups that are global success stories. We know what it's like to sit on both sides of the table. As a result, we are passionately committed to building a venture firm that is the world's best for entrepreneurs, investors and our team. Currently, we invest over half a billion dollars into early-stage companies from our offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Tel Aviv and Boston.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or sporting team affiliation.
This is an amazing opportunity for a curious legal mind keen to broaden their experience in a dynamic commercial environment, in a role that is rare to find.
As a venture capital fund manager, we have a broad legal requirement across many business facets including,
- Investing – due diligence, documentation negotiation and drafting (term sheets, shareholder agreements, share purchase agreements)
- Funds management – fund structuring, research and set up and documentation;
- Compliance and regulation - AFSL licensing, developing policies, corporate secretarial,
- training and keeping abreast of changing regulation;
- Corporate – negotiation of supplier contracts and general corporate legal duties.
It is crucial you are an independent thinker with energy and enthusiasm to effect positive outcomes both operationally and commercially in a high growth business. You will report to the Chief Operating Officer and work effectively across the business and will build collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders including entrepreneurs.
This is a dynamic business, anticipating further strategic evolution and you will be responsible for the organisation and management of new initiatives from a legal and risk perspective as they arise. The potential to expand the role is expected for the right candidate. The role will require understanding of financial information, so any finance experience will be considered favourably.
This role will be based in Woollahra, Sydney.
Qualifications / Experience
- This role would suit a legally qualified candidate with prior experience in a law firm, and most recently with a fund manager or investment house. Private equity or venture capital experience may be advantageous but is not a prerequisite.
- It is essential that you can build strong and effective relationships both internally and externally.
- 2 - 5 years’ experience legal experience in a legal firm or in funds management, private equity or venture capital
- Tertiary degree in law is a minimum
- To explore further in confidence, please send your resume to email@example.com