Head of Community | Sydney or Melbourne
> ROLE DESCRIPTION
Square Peg Capital is looking to hire a Head of Community in either Melbourne or Sydney.
The Head of Community will be responsible for:
- Driving our engagement with and supporting the tech ecosystem
- Assisting the Square Peg investment team in Australia, Tel Aviv and Boston, in building broader and deeper networks
The successful candidate will be expected to provide material insights and value add to our investment team in terms of quality and focus areas within the ecosystem. They will, as a key part of the role, work closely with our investment team and develop an intimate understanding of our investment process and profile.
On a day-to-day basis, the Head of Community would work across the following areas:
- Build relationships with high quality founders, other investors, accelerators/incubators, universities, commercialisation programs and other key contacts in the tech ecosystem
- Manage our public presence, including communications and content
- Plan and coordinate events
Ideally, the Head of Community will be:
- Super passionate; highly autonomous and outgoing
- Immersed in the tech ecosystem
- Skilled in one or more of the following areas (though not a necessity):
- Marketing and communications/PR; community management and engagement
- Operational expertise (partnerships, business development)
- Any other areas that you can convince us will be valuable
Candidates do not need to have a background in venture capital or financial investment (though this would be a bonus).
If you believe you would be a great candidate for this role, please submit your CV for consideration.
> ABOUT SQUARE PEG
Square Peg Capital is an Australian born, global technology venture capital fund, with a primary investment focus on Australia, Israel and South-East Asia. We have offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Tel Aviv and Boston.
We invest from an early stage and continue to invest in our portfolio companies throughout their journey. We back world class entrepreneurs who are solving important problems and disrupting the markets in which they operate.
Founded in 2012, Square Peg has invested in over 30 companies to date. Our team brings to bear a diverse set of experiences and geographic exposure but a shared passion for technology and its potential to change our world.