About Square Peg
Square Peg is a global investment firm on a mission to empower exceptional founders. With teams in Sydney, Melbourne, Tel Aviv, and Singapore, Square Peg invests in emerging technology companies across the internet economy.
Square Peg has over US$3 billion in assets under management across its venture capital, opportunities and global listed equities funds. In addition, we’ve delivered material realised returns of US$0.6 billion. Since 2012 we have invested in over 50 companies including Fiverr, Canva, Stripe, Airwallex, Tomorrow and Aidoc.
Who you are
At heart, you’re curious. You’re driven to understand complex concepts and love learning how founders and teams build high-growth technology companies. You love considering growth strategies, leadership teams and markets and have a mental model for understanding what makes good companies different from extraordinary companies. You’re empathetic about the founder journey, and can build relationships and establish trust.
You know that happy people do their best work and like contributing in a team environment that prizes accountability. You see alignment with our team’s values: be yourself, anchor to optimism, be bold, empower through trust and unleash curiosity.
The skills, qualities and knowledge that we look for:
- Success in a fast-paced, high-output environment
- Immersed in and passionate about technology trends and companies
- Curiosity and a desire to learn
- Autonomy and ownership
- Confidence in framing and performing analysis to feed decisions
- Clear and concise communication
- The ability to establish trust and rapport
Picture yourself in the role
On any given day, you could be:
- Researching themes, emerging trends and ideas.
- Helping the team to conduct due diligence on investment opportunities
- Finding and meeting new founders of technology companies
- Preparing materials for the investment committee
- Engaging with programs, people and leaders across the Israeli tech community to nurture and grow the network
- Working on a project with a portfolio founder or executive to level up a function
Ready to apply?
We are open to speaking with anyone who fits this role, though we suspect having 2-5 years of experience in technology investing or top-tier consulting or working in high-growth companies is the ideal training ground.
At Square Peg, we are passionate about representing the diverse and multicultural founders we work with and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
If you think you would be a great fit for this role, apply by contacting Rob Lamb at Square Peg Capital for a confidential discussion.
Find us online
We recommend you sign up for the newsletter for future investment news, job openings and podcast episodes.