- Create and disseminate a unified voice for a multi-geography technology investor
- Curate and build your own function based on best practices
- Join a fun, high performing international team
Is the next step in your career leading the strategy, development and implementation of a global program of content?
If you’re a skilled Communications professional who loves to originate ideas and bring them to life please read on.
About Square Peg
Square Peg is a global investment firm on a mission to empower exceptional founders. With teams in Sydney, Melbourne, Tel Aviv, and Singapore, Square Peg invests in emerging technology companies across the internet economy. We were founded on the belief that technology would transform every industry in the world - and that brilliant, ambitious founders would sit at the heart of this change. We’re squarely focused on helping these founders succeed.
Square Peg has over US$3 billion in assets under management across its venture capital, opportunities and global listed equities funds. In addition, we’ve delivered material realised returns of US$0.6 billion. Since 2012 we have invested in over 50 companies including Fiverr, Canva, Rokt, FinAccel, Tomorrow, and Airwallex.
About the role
Day to day you’ll own all of Square Peg’s Communications in all the markets we operate. As our Head of Communications, you’ll work shoulder to shoulder with our Leadership Team and Investment Team as well as our portfolio founders.
You will be responsible for the development and execution of a coordinated program of content for our founders, our investors and the broader Square Peg community. Across all of our markets and products you will:
- Create a unified voice of Square Peg with a real focus on our purpose “to Empower the Exceptional”
- Develop a variety of content tailored to the needs of our key stakeholders (investors, founders and community). You will own the creation of digital, video, audio and print content
- You will generate “big ideas” to profile our portfolio companies and Square Peg, in all key markets
- You will be an amazing storyteller combining thought leadership with the development of creative and meaningful content
- Evolve, develop, and implement our channel and distribution strategy to engage our stakeholders in the most effective way. You will own the creation of digital, video, audio and print content You will track engagement across various platforms and create a data-driven environment.
- Build and own important and consequential relationships with relevant media, as well as develop great working relationships with all key stakeholders, internal and external
- You will oversee continued growth in our chosen social media channels
Skills & experience
- A passion for technology and digital-first communications!
- Significant experience in business communications, for example via financial journalism, working in an agency or technology company and/or driving a start up/scale up company’s communications.
- Impeccable copywriting and copy editing abilities
- Proficiency with communications technologies
- Understanding of graphic design, layout, and publishing
- Hands-on experience with social media platforms and marketing, content management systems, and search engine marketing (Google Analytics, and Google AdWords)
- Established media relations and the ability to establish new relationships a plus
- Demonstrated ability to influence people to achieve results
At the heart of Square Peg's global team is a commitment to our shared values, underscored by decency and integrity: be yourself, anchor to optimism, unleash curiosity, empower through trust and be bold.
We invest the most important resource in our founders, teams and people; time.
Square Peg is a people-first working environment.
We encourage flexible/remote work and provide beautiful team facilities in Sydney, Melbourne, Singapore and Tel Aviv. We also organise regular team-building events, to bring our global team together while promoting a culture of fun and wellness.
- Flexible work policy
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave for both primary and secondary carers
- Wellness allowance
- Learning allowance
- 4 weeks of annual leave
- Significant additional leave for life’s unexpected emergencies
- Square Peg has been a certified carbon neutral organisation since 2019
How to apply
Apply by contacting Rob Lamb at Square Peg Capital for a confidential discussion.