About Square Peg
Square Peg is a global investment firm on a mission to empower exceptional founders. With teams in Sydney, Melbourne, Tel Aviv, and Singapore, Square Peg invests in emerging technology companies across the internet economy.
Square Peg has ~US$2.5 billion in assets under management across its venture capital and global listed equities funds and has invested in companies including Fiverr, Canva, Airwallex and Aidoc.
Investing in tech founders and businesses is our DNA. We believe there are real advantages to investing across the whole tech lifecycle - from seed through to the public markets.
Global Tech Fund
The Global Tech Fund is a concentrated portfolio of tech businesses (10-20), selected for their defensible growth potential over the long-term. Our approach is to deeply understand a company’s team, business model, competitive positioning and growth drivers. Our goal is to invest in companies that will become very large, important companies over time.
About the role
Day to day, you will work collaboratively with our Portfolio Manager and investment team to build the strategy, dive deep into themes and companies, and contribute to decision-making;
- Develop insights to drive ideas, and focus our research on the most important thematic areas, while working closely with people across our business
- Evaluate and research growth businesses, their models, moats and teams to understand their long-term potential and help us invest in generational technology companies
- Succinctly prepare work focused on key questions that drive to a decision point, and contribute materially to decision-making within the fund
- Continually evaluate the businesses we own and those we’re most interested in outside the portfolio
- Supporting the Portfolio Manager in developing relationships with Investors
Skills & attributes
- A drive to understand complex concepts and a love for learning how founders and teams build high-growth tech companies.
- You are passionate about technology and growth companies
- The ability to analyse and think about both big picture trends as well as business models and their drivers
- You are really curious about investing (doesn’t have to be your day job)
- Proficiency in framing and performing analysis to make decisions
- You are a rigorous independent thinker who builds views supported by thought and evidence and you want to work collaboratively
- Proficiency in financial modelling preferred
- 5 years+ of experience from either ; top tier consulting firm, investment banking, Venture Capital, fund management or tech startup
At the heart of Square Peg's global team is a commitment to our shared values, underscored by decency and integrity: be yourself, anchor to optimism, unleash curiosity, empower through trust and be bold.
We invest the most important resource in our founders, teams and people; time.
Square Peg is a people-first working environment.
We encourage flexible/remote work and provide beautiful team facilities in Sydney, Melbourne, Singapore and Tel Aviv. We also organise regular team-building events, to bring our global team together while promoting a culture of fun and wellness.
- Flexible work policy
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave for both primary and secondary carers
- Wellness allowance
- Learning allowance
- Significant additional leave for life’s unexpected emergencies
- Square Peg has been a certified carbon neutral organisation since 2019