About Square Peg
Square Peg is a global investment firm with a mission to empower exceptional founders. We were founded in 2012 and have grown into a global investment firm with teams in Sydney, Melbourne, Tel Aviv, and Singapore. We invest in emerging technology companies across the internet economy. So far, we have over US$1 billion in assets under management across multiple funds and has invested in companies including Fiverr, Canva, StashAway, Airwallex, Kredivo and Tomorrow. To date, we have invested well over US$100m into SEA startups and partnered with exceptional founders. We are excited to be expanding our team locally and looking for an investment team member to join us in Singapore.
Who you are
At heart, you’re curious. You’re driven to understand complex concepts and love learning how founders and teams build high-growth technology companies. You love considering growth strategies, leadership teams and markets and have a mental model for understanding what makes good companies different from extraordinary companies. You’re empathetic about the founder journey, and can build relationships and establish trust.
You know that happy people do their best work and like contributing in a team environment that prizes accountability. You see alignment with our team’s values: be yourself, anchor to optimism, be bold, empower through trust and unleash curiosity.
The skills, qualities and knowledge that we look for:
- Success in a fast-paced, high-output environment
- Immersed in and passionate about technology trends and companies
- Curiosity and a desire to learn
- Autonomy and ownership
- Confidence in framing and performing analysis to feed decisions
- Clear and concise communication
- The ability to establish trust and rapport
Picture yourself in the role
On any given day, you could be:
- Researching themes, emerging trends and ideas.
- Finding and meeting new founders of technology companies
- Engaging with programs, people and leaders across the Southeast Asian tech community to nurture and grow the ecosystem
- Working on a project with a portfolio founder or executive to level up a function
- Helping the team to conduct due diligence on investment opportunities
- Be involved in supporting teams at our portfolio companies with their most important issue
Ready to apply?
We are open to speaking with anyone who fits this role, though we suspect having 3-5 years of experience in technology investing or working in high-growth companies is the ideal training ground.
At Square Peg, we are passionate about representing the diverse and multicultural founders we work with and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
Find us online
We recommend you sign up for the newsletter for future investment news, job openings and podcast episodes.