About Square Peg
Founded in 2012, Square Peg is a venture capital firm in Sydney, Melbourne, Tel Aviv and Singapore that is on a mission to empower exceptional founders. We are an early-stage technology investor, across the fintech, enterprise, healthcare, consumer and emerging spaces. Square Peg has over $1.6 billion in assets under management across multiple funds, and has invested in companies including Fiverr, Canva, StashAway, Airwallex, Kredivo and Tomorrow.
In 2021, Square Peg expanded into global listed technology investing.
About the Global Tech Fund
The Global Tech Fund will be a concentrated portfolio of tech businesses, selected for their defensible growth potential over the long-term. Our approach is to deeply understand a company’s business model, competitive positioning, growth drivers and team. Our goal is to invest in companies that will become very large, important companies over time. Core to that understanding is the trends, themes, business models, people and cultures we learn about on a daily basis from the earliest stages of company formation, as well as the deep connection between and complementary research across our venture and listed teams.
We are hiring two Investment Analyst roles to form the foundational investment team. These roles will work collaboratively with our portfolio manager, Ben Hensman, to refine the strategy and start investing. This is a full-time role based in Melbourne.
Who you are
At heart, you’re curious. You’re driven to understand complex concepts and love learning how founders and teams build high-growth technology companies. You love comparing growth strategies, leadership teams and markets and have a mental model for understanding what makes good companies different from extraordinary companies. The best days are where you get to immerse yourself in ideas and data, and discover meaning that you can share.
You know that happy people do their best work and like contributing in a team environment that prizes accountability. You see alignment with our team’s values: be yourself, anchor to optimism, be bold, empower through trust and unleash curiosity.
The skills, qualities and knowledge that we look for
- Success in a fast-paced, high-output environment
- Immersed in and passionate about technology trends and companies
- You enjoy investing and can articulate how and why you invest
- Practical and outcomes-driven
- Creative and intellectually curious
- Confidence in framing and performing analysis to feed decisions
- You are a clear and concise communicator
Picture yourself in the role
- Work 1-1 with our portfolio manager Ben to develop the Global Tech Fund strategy
- Lead research to deeply understand businesses, their teams, and the markets in which they operate
- Contribute materially to decision-making within the fund
- Assist the team to reassess our views on holdings and companies of interest
- Learn from and work with members of the venture capital team and portfolio to develop insights to drive ideation and focus in our research
- Contribute creatively to the building out of our research capability
- Writing up your thoughts on trends and insights
We are looking for a combination of experiences in forming this founding team
- You could have experience working in a high-growth tech company. You could be an engineer, a product manager, a data scientist, or driving growth or go-to-market, in the C-suite or in strategy – the common thread being that you are knowledgeable about how tech companies operate and scale their teams, processes and products.
- You could be a professional investor or analyst. You’ll be proficient in understanding business models with different growth, profitability, and capital intensity profiles, including the drivers of value and economics of tech business models.
- You could have experience working in consulting or other similar firms where you’ve analysed businesses and their strategies deeply.
Find us online
We recommend you sign up for the newsletter for future investment news, job openings and podcast episodes.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org